I want to thank Big Bob and Councilman Thompson for showing up to drink a few beers with my wife and I Wednesday night to celebrate our “Best of Keller” award. It was a good time, even if Randy didn’t show up to pay up on his bet.
- Chicago was the first one announced today as NOT getting the 2016 Olympics…..and I thought “The One” was all knowing?? I guess he was just “Hope and Change”
- The Top 10 Reasons Why Chicago Didn’t get the Olympics:
10. Dead people can’t vote at IOC meetings
9. Obama distracted by 25 min meeting with Gen. McChrystal
8. Who cares if Obama couldn’t talk the IOC into Chicago? He’ll be able to talk Iran out of nukes.
7. The impediment is Israel still building settlements.
6. Obviously no president would have been able to acomplish it.
5. We’ve been quite clear and said all along that we didn’t want the Olympics.
4. This isn’t about the number of Olympics “lost”, it’s about the number of Olympics “saved” or “created”.
3. Clearly not enough wise Latina judges on the committee
2. Because the IOC is racist.
1. It’s George Bush’s fault.
- My brother’s blog crashed this week and he and his IT guy got his new site up in a hurry, I still haven’t decided if I like the layout of it or not. Change” versus “More of the Same”!
- The Rangers and the Cubs are out of the race….but baseball continues. I’m rooting for the Rockies to take it all, but knowing it will probably be the Evil Empire. Change in America doesn’t start from the top down. It starts from the bottom up.
- AC/DC tickets for the AAC went on sale this week, but I already have tickets for Austin. Wonder if my wife will let me go twice in a week? Yes we can!
- Have a great weekend, I leave you with something real from Chicago