Sorry about the light blogging this week, but been up to my eyebrows at work with my counterpart on vacation. Not only that, but I’m trying to get caught up enough for a trip myself to Yellowstone next week, just waiting on a number of items to fall together for that trip to happen and to add insult to injury, I’m being audited by the IRS. Seems like the kindler, gentler IRS of the GWB days is gone.
- This week we found out that our City taxes are going up to pay for the recent bonds (Fire Station, Library, Road Construction). I still ask the question how we could have built the original library proposal without raising taxes? Can we all agree that the Pro Library side was not telling us the truth at the time?
- We also found out the the City Council has decided to push off any new bonds for a while. I figure it will be after next years election.
- There is also an exciting proposition of building a Hotel and Conference Center at Town Center, problem is, the land needed is now park land. I’ll hold my official opinion until I see some more facts, but I will say this….we are subsidizing Town Center to the tune of a half a milion clams a year, we would be stupid to not fully investigate this opportunity and take advantage of it if it feasible.
- Unemployment is at the highest rate since 1983, which happens to be the year I graduated from High School. Coincidence? The stimulus seems to be working…….yeah right.
- Is it me, or has this summer been hotter than normal? I wonder if I’m just getting old and not able to take the heat as well when I was younger?
- The Rangers are only a half a game back after taking 2 of 3 from the Angels of somewhere in California. The hitting is finally coming back after a dreadful June. CJ Wilson had a good tweet the other day “In a few more days the Josh Hamilton Stimulus Package arrives back in Texas….aka Batting Production Order #32”
- After two weeks with the new iPhone I must say that it is even better than the 3G. I’ve owned iPhones since they first came out and they just keep getting better and better.
- The Big Bob Rally has stalled and is falling apart. Day after day of terrible news is finally having its effect.
- Everybody have a happy and safe Independence Day. If I’m blogging, it means my vacation plans fell through, otherwise see you in a week or so.
My brother writes today on why he loves this country so much:
I have many, many, many reasons for loving this country. Almost uncountable.
But I suppose the thing I cherish most is that I am free to rhetorically whack members of the government on a daily basis without worry of imprisonment. I would’ve been dead a long time ago if I lived in many other countries. What you see here is my nature, and I highly doubt I would’ve been able to stifle that part of me if I lived elsewhere.
This weeks Video is of the greatness that is Eddie Van Halen. Sometimes I think my mind has to work as fast as Eddie’s fingers just to keep up with all I have going on.